Seven Acres Senior Care Campus Life
At Seven Acres we value the preciousness and sacredness of all life. We devote all of our resources to ensuring Houston senior care exists for those in need of long-term or skilled nursing, enabling them to live their best life possible.
Activities, Celebrations, and Spiritual Life
We make Seven Acres a wonderful place to call home. Our network of senior care provides assisted living, memory support, skilled nursing, and rehabilitation, all on one convenient campus. Friendly, supportive staff help each resident access convenient services and amenities, so they may stay energized and active – feeling alive and valued. Each day, our full social calendar offers an array of activities designed to meet varied interests and individual needs.
Socialization and the warmth of a community helps our residents feel right at home in this chapter of their life story.
Activities designed to meet a variety of interests provide stimulation based upon the residents’ individual needs. Socialization − an important focus at Seven Acres – ensures every resident has the opportunity to enjoy life, make friends, learn and have something to look forward to each day. Many tell us that they have never been so busy!
Activities, Programs, and Social Opportunities
There’s always something new and different!
- Art classes
- Cooking classes
- Beading classes
- A variety of musical programming and music therapy
- Pet therapy
- Group exercises
- Mah Jongg
- Visits from students from schools and youth groups
- Off-campus trips
In recognition of Seven Acres’ Jewish Heritage, we offer:
- Morning Traditional minyan is facilitated by a group of dedicated volunteers in the Seven Acres chapel. Members of the community are always welcome to join our residents on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings at 9:00 A.M.
- High Holiday services are conducted in both the Traditional and Reform traditions.
- A Traditional Passover Seder service and meal takes place every Spring. Family and guests are always invited.
- All Jewish festivals are observed including Hanukkah, Purim, Passover, Shavuot, High Holidays, Sukkot, and Simchat Torah.
- A chaplain is on staff during the week to meet residents’ and families’ needs.
Senior Care Campus Amenities
Quality of life matters to all of us, no matter our age or physical challenges. At Seven Acres, residents find a full community to meet all their needs for comfort, self-esteem and enjoyment, including:
- Private and semi-private rooms
- On-site specialty clinics and medical suites include Dental, Psychology, Podiatry
- Full-service beauty salon and barber shop
- Beautiful outdoor gardens throughout the campus grounds including a butterfly garden and bird sanctuary
- Three delicious kosher meals served daily in our beautiful dining room
- Accommodations for special diets
- Laundry and housekeeping
Join Our Volunteer Family!
Numerous volunteer opportunities are available to assist the staff and residents in a variety of projects and tasks, all designed to enhance quality of life. By volunteering, you show our residents how much you care while helping to create the extended family that sustains them.
We also offer a “Mitzvah Volunteer Program” to students who are in their Bar/Bat Mitzvah years and to high school students as a means of fulfilling their community service requirements. Students can get involved with various volunteer opportunities such as Bingo during after school hours and on weekends.
Your help is needed in any of these areas:
- Friendly visiting
- Serving coffee to the residents
- Assisting with activity programs
- Leading special interest groups
- Delivering mail to residents
- Assisting at special events
- Facilitating musical programs
- Participating in religious services
- Join in weekly Shabbat celebration
For more information regarding volunteer opportunities, please contact the Director of Life Enrichment and Volunteer Services, at 713-778-5782.